The Klamath Basin Monitoring Program facilitates the coordination and implementation of water quality monitoring in support of the stewardship, protection, and restoration of all beneficial uses within the Klamath River watershed, with the ultimate goal of restoring water quality. Learn More
Blue-Green Algae Map
No sections of the Klamath River are posted.
Klamath River- Yellow
Klamath Fish Health Assessment Team (KFHAT)
Current Readiness Level
Mainstem Klamath River from Iron Gate to the Estuary- Yellow
- Conditions, such as unfavorable physical or chemical conditions, observation of increased incidence of pathogens, or increased fish morbidity and/or mortality suggest the need for heightened awareness.
- Frequent data sharing among KFHAT and resource managers becomes important.
- The Response Plan procedures should be reviewed and responders should be ready to take action if the situation worsens.
- River conditions appear satisfactory, fish appear healthy, no immediate problems foreseen.
- Frequent data sharing is not crucial at this level, but KFHAT will continue to observe and document conditions.
Read more about the Readiness Levels
The KFHAT interactive map (click on map for link) presents the readiness level for the Klamath Basin below Iron Gate dam in a visual format. The user can click on any segment of the Klamath River or its tributaries to access a pop-up window with links to websites containing water quality, fisheries, and disease data and information.
Fish Health Updates: