Blue-Green Algae Map
The Klamath River from Upper Klamath Lake/Agency Lake (except Pelican Bay) to JC Boyle Reservoir is posted.
Copco and Iron Gate Reservoirs are posted.
The Klamath River from Weitchpec to Tully Creek is posted for exceeding tribal criteria.
The Klamath Basin Monitoring Program facilitates the coordination and implementation of water quality monitoring in support of the stewardship, protection, and restoration of all beneficial uses within the Klamath River watershed, with the ultimate goal of restoring water quality. Learn More
Klamath Fish Health Assessment Team (KFHAT)
The Klamath Fish Health Assessment Team (KFHAT) is a technical workgroup which formed during the summer of 2003 with the purpose of providing early warning and a coordinated response effort to avoid, or at least address, a non-hazardous materials related fish kill event in the anadromous portion of the Klamath River basin.
To accomplish this goal, KFHAT created a network through which information about current river and fish health conditions in the Klamath Basin can be quickly shared among participants, the general public, and resource managers.
Current Readiness Levels:
Mainstem Klamath River - Orange
- A kill is likely to occur and management levels in agencies need to be alerted.
- Frequent data sharing among KFHAT and resource managers is vital.
- If possible, KFHAT will provide recommendations for resource management actions to management with basis for recommendations.
- Conditions, such as unfavorable physical or chemical conditions, observation of increased incidence of pathogens, or increased fish morbidity and/or mortality suggest the need for heightened awareness.
- Frequent data sharing among KFHAT and resource managers becomes important.
- The Response Plan procedures should be reviewed and responders should be ready to take action if the situation worsens.
Read more about the Readiness Levels
For Additional Information Contact:
The KFHAT interactive map (click on map for link) presents the readiness level for the Klamath Basin below Iron Gate dam in a visual format. The user can click on any segment of the Klamath River or its tributaries to access a pop-up window with links to websites containing water quality, fisheries, and disease data and information.
Fish Health Updates: